Paul J Hetzler has not received any gifts yet
Forget About Reforestation
“Squirrels have been criticized for hiding nuts in various places for future use and then forgetting the places. Well, squirrels do not bother with minor details like that. They have other things…Continue
Thanks for Giving
Many historians feel the Pilgrims would have all perished during the winter of 1620 if not for food provided by the Wampanoags, on whose land they settled. The following spring, the Wampanoags gave the Pilgrims seeds to plant, as well as a tutorial (possibly an App; we can’t be sure) on the production, storage and preservation of indigenous food crops including corn, beans, and squash.
That fall—no one is sure if it was October or…Continue
Tree Guys Don’t Know Anything Paul Hetzler
What is an arborist?
1. What a resident of Ann Arbor, Michigan calls herself/ himself.
2. A person who has received extensive training in all aspects of tree care.
3. As opposed to your borist.
Tree topping is:
1. A type of syrup that forest-industry workers prefer on their ice cream.
2. An incorrect way to reduce a tree’s height, one which leads to a very weak and…Continue
Only Bury Your Tree After It’s Dead
In springtime, driving around on weekends makes me sad. Invariably I’ll pass someone out in their yard, shovel in hand, maybe with their kids or spouse, and they have a cute little tree from the garden center on one side of them, and a wicked deep hole in the ground on the other. If I wasn’t so shy, I’d stop and offer my condolences, because clearly they are having a funeral for the tree.
Here’s an arborist joke: What do…Continue