The title of this blog is that of the recent webinar by Dr. Ralph Nyland, presented on June 21, 2017. The webinar is archived at www.youtube.com/ForestConnect and there is a direct link below.
Ralph focused his presentation on three topics.
Wow, the email list has really expanded. I think that there are some…Continue
Tree Guys Don’t Know Anything Paul Hetzler
What is an arborist?
1. What a resident of Ann Arbor, Michigan calls herself/ himself.
2. A person who has received extensive training in all aspects of tree care.
3. As opposed to your borist.
Tree topping is:
1. A type of syrup that forest-industry workers prefer on their ice cream.
2. An incorrect way to reduce a tree’s height, one which leads to a very weak and…Continue
Only Bury Your Tree After It’s Dead
In springtime, driving around on weekends makes me sad. Invariably I’ll pass someone out in their yard, shovel in hand, maybe with their kids or spouse, and they have a cute little tree from the garden center on one side of them, and a wicked deep hole in the ground on the other. If I wasn’t so shy, I’d stop and offer my condolences, because clearly they are having a funeral for the tree.
Here’s an arborist joke: What do…Continue