Kevin Mathers's Discussions (22)

Discussions Replied To (22) Replies Latest Activity

"Mark, In addition to all the guidelines provided, it is important to note that this…"

Kevin Mathers replied Jun 22, 2018 to Slash and squirt control of Ailanthus

5 Sep 23, 2018
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Jim, If you have a forester managing the logging they should be able to provide guid…"

Kevin Mathers replied Jul 18, 2017 to plants for erosion control

1 Jul 18, 2017
Reply by Kevin Mathers

"Chaz, Lots of good information for beginner and experienced maple syrup producers: h…"

Kevin Mathers replied Mar 10, 2017 to Resources

1 Mar 10, 2017
Reply by Kevin Mathers

"Joanne, This preliminary information from a Colorado State study discusses fabric gr…"

Kevin Mathers replied Aug 17, 2016 to Grow bags: tall or squat?

5 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Carl Albers

"Mike, You can find them on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/ForestConnect Kevin"

Kevin Mathers replied Mar 31, 2016 to past webinars

2 Mar 31, 2016
Reply by Kevin Mathers

"I agree with Pete - looks like pileated woodpecker work when they are foraging for i…"

Kevin Mathers replied Mar 16, 2016 to Animal activity

2 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Kevin Mathers

"As a side note to grape vine control I'll make the point that when felling trees en…"

Kevin Mathers replied Aug 19, 2015 to Grape Vine Management (and other vines)

1 Aug 19, 2015
Reply by Kevin Mathers

"Great advice from Brett & Pete.  Also to double down on Brett's advice to seat t…"

Kevin Mathers replied Apr 15, 2015 to Seedling Protection

2 Apr 15, 2015
Reply by Kevin Mathers

"Brett, Thanks for sharing the article (and your thoughts).  For those who would like…"

Kevin Mathers replied Dec 23, 2014 to GMO American Chestnuts - will the King of the Eastern Forests return?

6 May 18, 2017
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"The distinction may be valuable for foresters or others who are viewing the forest f…"

Kevin Mathers replied Jan 14, 2014 to terminology

5 Jan 28, 2014
Reply by Jim Martin

RSS

Forum

Norway Spruce stump treatment

Started by Alicia Rose in Woodlot Management Nov 4. 0 Replies

A urea application of a freshly cut Norway spruce stump surface. This treatment has been implemented as a management strategy to prevent the future crop and adjacent trees from Heterobasidion annosum infection. This is not common practice in Welsh…Continue

Beech control with triclopyr versus glyphosate

Started by Peter Smallidge in Woodlot Management. Last reply by Peter Smallidge Oct 23. 2 Replies

[I'm pasting from a recent email thread]Question - I'm working on a couple beech regen and mid story control projects.   I have been using Garlon 4 in oil.   Works good, but sometimes I want it to move through the roots and the Garlon doesn't do…Continue

Why don't evergreens drop their leaves in the fall?

Started by Brett Chedzoy in Woodlot Management Oct 22. 0 Replies

Hmmm, a timely question for the fall foliage season and a lesson that I don't remember being taught at forestry school (though I admit that I may not have been paying attention!) …Continue

Verticillium Wilt

Started by Carl DuPoldt in Forest Health Jul 9. 0 Replies

Verticillium Wilt - https://mailchi.mp/unl.edu/nebraskas-forest-health-report-july-2019 Symptoms of Verticillium wilt are now becoming apparent in infected trees in…Continue

Silvopasture in Wisconsin: Goals, Challenges, and other Fodder for Thought

Started by Carl DuPoldt in Agroforestry May 9. 0 Replies

Silvopasture in Wisconsin: Goals, Challenges, and other Fodder for ThoughtWednesday, May 29, 2019 at 11:00am (CDT)Diane MayerfeldSustainable Agriculture Coordinator, UW-Extension, Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems (CIAS) -…Continue

Small acreage logging project

Started by WJ Rodenhouse in Woodlot Management. Last reply by Lew Ward Apr 22. 1 Reply

A friend asked me what types of protections he should include in agreement with logger when having his 10 acre forest logged. I thought maybe some of you could provide insight. Logger stated Workman's comp wasn't needed in a family business.Thanks!Continue

Western Larch Question

Started by Alex Harmon in Wildlife Management. Last reply by Pamela Dallaire Mar 30. 2 Replies

Would a Western Larch (tree) NOT lose its needles during fall and winter if it was kept indoors? / what causes it to lose its needles(temperature change, change in length of days)? IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER PLEASE REPLY!!!!!! NOT KNOWING IS KILLING ME!!Continue

How tree diversity affects invasive forest pests

Started by Brett Chedzoy in Woodlot Management. Last reply by Brett Chedzoy Mar 27. 1 Reply

A long-standing tenet in forestry is that healthier and more diverse woods are typically more resilient to stress factors and pest.  This holds true in most cases, but there are the notable exceptions like EAB.This article from the "Morning Ag…Continue

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service