Peter Smallidge's Discussions (73)

Discussions Replied To (51) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Greg: Great question.  There are lots of folks here with sawmill and woodlot expe…"

Peter Smallidge replied Jan 20 to Erratic Staining in Ash logs

1 Jan 20
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Hi Joanne: Apparently the bacteria are common in soils that might normally hold alde…"

Peter Smallidge replied Dec 19, 2016 to Nitrogen fixing bacteria for Alder trees

4 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Hi Joanne: I spoke with three colleagues in the Department of Natural Resources (Fah…"

Peter Smallidge replied Dec 19, 2016 to Nitrogen fixing bacteria for Alder trees

4 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Hi Joanne: Great question, but I don't know the answer.  There are a couple people I…"

Peter Smallidge replied Dec 13, 2016 to Nitrogen fixing bacteria for Alder trees

4 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Hi Malcolm: I watched their video here http://www.mobilemfg.com/portable-saw-videos.…"

Peter Smallidge replied Sep 22, 2016 to Mobile Dimensions sawmill?

4 Sep 22, 2016
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Hi Malcolm: I apologize for my ignorance, but what is a mobile dimension sawmill?  C…"

Peter Smallidge replied Sep 19, 2016 to Mobile Dimensions sawmill?

4 Sep 22, 2016
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"I had a similar interest in what trees grew in my woods, and a while back adapted a…"

Peter Smallidge replied Jul 15, 2016 to 16,000 Estimated Tree Species in the Amazon Basin

4 Jul 18, 2016
Reply by Lewis E. Ward

"Hi Joanne: Mechanical (AKA organic) treatments can be effective but sometimes at the…"

Peter Smallidge replied May 26, 2016 to Removal of grass around seedlings in pasture

7 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Richard D. Mayko

"Hi Jim: i echo all of Brett's comments. Cut stump will move at least 50 ft from the…"

Peter Smallidge replied May 19, 2016 to beech cut-stump and movement to other species?

8 May 25, 2016
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Hi Terry: A few years back our local Game of Logging instructor was experimenting wi…"

Peter Smallidge replied May 19, 2016 to Chainsaw oil

2 May 26, 2016
Reply by Dean Faklis

RSS

Forum

GMO American Chestnuts - will the King of the Eastern Forests return?

Started by Brett Chedzoy in Woodlot Management. Last reply by Brett Chedzoy May 18. 6 Replies

copied over from the: www.silvopasture.ning.com forum...Since I first became obsessed with trees and forests and set out on a path to become a forester ~ 30 years ago, I have dreamed of someday seeing…Continue

Dealing with Climate Change Proactively on YOUR land - Links

Started by Alicia Rose in Forest Health May 4. 0 Replies

Climate Response Frameworkhttp://www.forestadaptation.org/-------------------Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science…Continue

Reading "The Hidden Life of Trees"

Started by David J Vinish II in Forest Health Apr 19. 0 Replies

Reading... The Hidden Life of Trees http://amzn.to/2pDtmGtContinue

Logger Training….It’s Not Just for Loggers

Started by Carl DuPoldt in Woodlot Management. Last reply by Tim Goodman Apr 17. 1 Reply

Logger Training….It’s Not Just for Loggers…Continue

Announcing PA Timber 2017: Forest Products Equipment and Technology Exposition

Started by Carl DuPoldt in Woodlot Management Apr 17. 0 Replies

Announcing PA Timber 2017: Forest Products Equipment and Technology Exposition…Continue

Goldenseal in Your Back Woods?

Goldenseal in Your Back Woods?…Continue

Announcing New Backpack Sprayer Calibration Forest Science Fact Sheet

Announcing New Backpack Sprayer Calibration Forest Science Fact Sheet…Continue

native Plants of New York

Started by Carl DuPoldt in Forest Health Apr 13. 0 Replies

A native plant is one that naturally occurs in a region without having been introduced from elsewhere by people. Over thousands of years, native plants have adapted to the climate, soils, and environmental conditions of our area. They have developed…Continue

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service